Raspberry Crumble Bars
- 2 cups old fashion oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sticks (1 cup) cold salted butter, cubed
- 2 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2-4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 ripe but firm peach, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon, until the oats are mostly ground. Add the cold butter pulse until a crumbly dough forms. If the dough seems dry, add 1 tablespoon water.
- Press 1/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Transfer to the oven and bake 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. In a medium bowl, toss the raspberries with the sugar, flour, vanilla, and lemon zest. Spoon the berries out into an even layer over the pre-baked crust. Dollop the raspberry jam evenly over the berries. Add the peach slices in a single layer. Sprinkle the remaining crumble dough overtop the berries. Return to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the crumble is a light golden brown and the berries burst.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Keep stored in a sealed container for up to 1 week.