- 125g butter
- 200ml sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (250g) packet Marie biscuits
- 1 rounded tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint essence
- 125g dark cooking chocolate
- 30g copha
- To make the base, melt the butter and condensed milk in a saucepan. Crush the biscuits and mix with cocoa and coconut. Pour over the butter and milk and mix well. Press the mixture into a slice pan (about 30 cm x 20 cm), lined with baking paper. Place in the fridge and chill well for 1 hour.
- To make the filling, mix together the icing sugar, butter, milk and peppermint. Spread evenly over the chilled biscuit mixture and put it back in the fridge to set.
- To make the topping, melt together the chocolate and copha. Spread the chocolate evenly over the filling and allow to set before cutting the slice into squares.