- 250g plain sweet biscuits (Marie biscuits)
- 175g butter, melted
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 395g can NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) strained lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (180ml) boiling water
- 2 teaspoons gelatine powder
- 85g red jelly crystals
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm x 30cm slice pan, extending paper 2cm above the sides of the pan.
- Process biscuits in a food processor to fine crumbs. Add butter and cinnamon and process again. Press biscuit mixture into the base of prepared pan. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Combine condensed milk with lemon juice in medium bowl.
- Combine boiling water and gelatine in a small jug. Stir until completely dissolved, then stir into condensed milk mixture. Pour over biscuit base and return to the refrigerator for 1 hour or until set.
- Meanwhile, prepare jelly according to packet instructions, using 100ml less cold water than directed. Allow to come to room temperature. Pour jelly mixture over set milk filling. Chill for a further 1 hour or until jelly is set.
- Carefully remove slice from pan, then slice to serve.