Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 80g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Berries, to serve
- Thick cream, to serve
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160C fan-forced. Grease a 1.5L capacity ovenproof baking dish.
- Combine milk, butter and egg and lightly whisk.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Slowly add milk mixture to flour mixture, whisking until well combined and smooth.
- Combine cocoa powder and brown sugar for sauce in a bowl.
- Spoon pudding mix into baking dish. Smooth top. Sprinkle combined sugar and cocoa over pudding.
- Slowly pour boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover pudding. Place dish onto a baking tray. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until pudding bounces back when pressed gently in centre.
- Sift cocoa powder over pudding and serve hot with berries and cream.